Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Little Help from My Friends


For the past year, these precious women (left to right: Sally Bradley, Terri Gillespie, and Julie Scudder Dearyan plus me) in addition to Laura Hilton, Rachel Trautmiller, and Melody Lee have nursed me through the wonders of a miraculous thing called Critique Group. I knew they'd help me improve my writing. I didn't realize they'd form a tight-knit prayer team and all-crises-all-the-time support group for me. They're amazing women, every one of them, including those not pictured. They've weathered storms with the grace of an unflagging lighthouse beacon. They've battled and conquered and taught me how. They already know I love them. I wanted you to know, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya know . . . I love you too, Cynthia . . . but the first thing I thought when I saw the pic is "what a shrimp I am!"

Cynthia, I thank the Lord for bringing you to the crit group. You have been such a blessing to all of us--especially me.

Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Cynthia, you're too sweet!

And yes, it's totally amazing what our group has turned into. Glad we're all together!