Monday, September 08, 2008

What has HE gotten me into now?

I can't remember the last time I was bored. Oh, wait. It might have been when, in an attempt to share "quality time" together, I sat beside my husband while he watched something less than riveting on the History channel, or ESPN, or TVLand.

But other than that, I'm rarely bored. I attribute that wonder to a God about whom the psalmist (with a little help from the people at Tyndale) wrote, "The godly person's life is exciting!"

The things He gets me into sometimes! Flying across the country. Sharing devotional thoughts with a banquet room full of hundreds of Christian fiction authors, agents, and editors. Teaching others to write well! Amazing. (Did I tell you about the time I shared an airplane with Mohammed Ali?).

Within a few days, I'll be part of the 2008 national American Christian Fiction Writers' conference in Minneapolis. I'll have the privilege of serving on the worship team, reporting on a couple of the many workshops for the online ezine, and directing the conference choir. I'll suffer through the awards banquet, waiting to hear if one of my fiction projects is granted a "Parting the Red Sea" miracle to rise higher than the awesome Women's Fiction Finalist position it now occupies.

And, I'll take part in the massive booksigning at the Mall of America on the 20th. A hundred and twenty or more incredible Christian fiction novelists...and me. I'll have my pen ready to sign any copies of Cup of Comfort for Writers, in which I have a story.

I also plan to spend a great deal of that time marveling at the things the Lord gets me into.

It pays to read the fine print. When I committed my life to Him, I wasn't aware of the "Hang onto your seatbelt, girl!" clause.


MASSIVE BOOKSIGNING!!!
Over 100 Christian Novelists in One Place
(and did we mention it’s free?)
S A T U R D A Y , S E P T E M B E R 2 0
is your chance to meet over 100 Christian novelists at the Mall of America!
1:00—3:00pm
best-selling and award-winning authors like
Angela Hunt, James Scott Bell, Rene Gutteridge,
Deborah Raney, Tamera Alexander, Judith Miller,
Nancy Moser, Brandt Dodson,
and numerous others will be at Mall of America. Author panel discussions
will be held simultaneously in the Best Buy® and Bloomingdale’s Court.
ENTRY TO THE BOOKSIGNING IS FREE.
The Barnes & Noble inside the mall will be carrying books by those authors
present at the signing, so you can purchase your books that day!
For more information, call Cara Putman, ACFW Publicist, at
(765) 418-3427 or email pr@acfw.com.

0 comments: