Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Mercies

I've landed on a Scripture verse and a concept that won't let me go. Just a small thought, one would presume. But as rich as a Paula Deen buttercream frosting.

IF my goal in life is to become more like Christ, to grow to act more and more like the Lord would in any given circumstance...

And IF that means acting as He would and speaking as He would and reacting to stresses as He would...

And IF I claim that's what I desire...

then what do I do with verses like the one from Lamentations that tells us, "His mercies are new every morning. Great is His faithfulness"?

Are MY mercies new every morning? Is MY faithfulness great as opposed to just run-of-the-mill?

Is the batch of kindness I show my family and friends and church family fresh every morning? A full, renewed supply ready for any challenge?

You can see why I'm stuck here. Thinking, thinking...

0 comments: