Monday, April 14, 2008

In the Beginning




Most of the people who read my blog are aware of this news. But on the off chance that someone stumbles onto me...like seeking a radio station and tripping over a song that brings you pause...I'll make my official announcement.

The phone rang last week. I stopped my mundane task (can't remember what it was, but by comparison, it was mundane, no question) to answer.
The caller announced that one of my fiction projects finaled in the American Christian Fiction Writers annual Genesis contest! What an honor! Now a second round of judges determines the category winners and the overall Genesis winner to be announced at the awards banquet that concludes the ACFW national conference in September in Minneapolis.

I alternated between screeching my delight and wandering around the house in a daze for days. Now I'm settling into the long wait.

It takes grace to carry rejection well. A given. It takes grace to carry a measure of success well, too. Not so much a given, but true.
Life. It's pretty much all dependent on grace, isn't it?

1 comments:

Heather said...

I haven't been by or seen you in a while, so I didn't know. Congratulations! What exciting news!

How did the conference in Iowa go?