Thursday, June 07, 2007

So That's What It Feels Like

[coccover.JPG]

So that's what it feels like to see your book cover for the first time! I can't draw a deep breath. Someone call 9-1-1. Or my mom.

Sometime within the next month or two, my first official book publication will reach bookstore shelves. It's lived in my heart for a long time. Now it will see the light of day.

I'm one of 50 contributors to an Adams Media publication called Cup of Comfort for Writers. Of all the subjects for me to dip my toes into the waters! One of my greatest joys in life is to encourage other writers.

Seeing the cover accomplished the equivalent of jump-starting my writing batteries. I'm at a writers' conference at the moment. Overwhelmed and underslept. But in His kindness, the Lord sent a book cover to remind me that His timing is perfect and His plan is laced with awe.

Rejoice with me. If you can peel me off the ceiling.

13 comments:

Annette M. Irby said...

Congratulations, Cynthia!

This is great new. And I love the cover!!

Deborah Raney said...

It's a beautiful cover, Cynthia! And I know your contribution will be equally beautiful! Congratulations!

Jill said...

Lovely cover, Cynthia. Congratulations! Some of my early sales were to anthologies. I loved getting my author copy. So you've got that to look forwared to. :-)

Trish Perry said...

You're right, Cynthia, that's a perfect jumping off point for you, since you truly are a terrific encourager of other writers. Many congratulations and may many more covers follow!

Trish Perry

Lynette Sowell said...

Hooray!! :) May there be many more! :)

lollipops said...

Doing the Snoopy dance with you. How exciting!

Anonymous said...

Dear Cynthia, your words always bring comfort and encouragment to me, and I am sure your words in this book will bring the same to others. May this be the first of many!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy,

God's timing is always perfect, isn't it? Everytime!! I praise Him alongside you for what He has done and what He will do in bringing glory to Himself through this new book!! How exciting!! Thanks for writing 'home'!:) Oh yes, and what an inviting cover! Lovely, just lovely!

Dawn Kinzer said...

Congratulations!
This is just sooooooo cool!

I can't wait to get it.

Anonymous said...

Yay, Cynthia! Toooo exciting. Enjoy your time on the ceiling!

Shelley Adina said...

What a beautiful book! Add me to the list of those who can't wait to get it!

Shelley
http://www.shelleybates.com

Anonymous said...

Oh, my friend. How I rejoice with you! This is only the beginning . . . you know that, right?

Love and hugs.

Eileen Key said...

Woohoo! FINALLY! Congratulations on your story. I'll look forward to finding a copy when it comes out. And yes, seeing your name in print is a real rush.