Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Tag, You're It!


I was just minding my own business and was tagged! I should be writing, but I can't really think today anyway with my two grandsons here (ages 2 and 1, if you can imagine!).

What's the game, you ask?

1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.8 random facts/habits about me ...

Eight random facts/habits about me?

1. I played bassoon in the first ever concert band for Moody Bible Institute.
2. I once sat just a few seats behind Mohammed Ali on an airplane.
3. When I worked for a wool/knitting business in my neighborhood, I was commissioned to knit bulky wool vests for a fancy boutique in Los Angeles.
4. Near as I can figure, my second son was conceived on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...well, not on the ride, but on a Florida vacation.
5. I've been married for almost 35 years to a guy I met when I was in fifth grade.
6. I'm so allergic to poison ivy that I once had it internally! Now I have to wear paper bags on my feet (or my husband's hip waders) to pick lilacs from the edge of my lawn.
7. In high school, I made it through an entire semester of Algebra without missing a single point! (Doesn't come up much in conversation these days, so I thought I'd take the opportunity.)
8. I can write cursive backwards almost as quickly as I can forwards. (Many boring lectures from teachers who hadn't heard that few students learn best through the lecture method allowed me time to perfect that feat).

Way too much information?

So now, I'm tagging eight unique people whom I'd like to learn more about: Julie Dearyan, Dawn Kinzer, Katy McKenna, Christy Barritt, Angie Arndt, Eileen Key, Karen Witemeyer, and Jenness Peak.

Fun diversion for a sunny spring afternoon. You should be here! In Wisconsin, it's the ideal spring day. Lush green grass. New leaves on the trees. The crab apples and apple trees as blossoming side by side--white and pink blossoms against the magenta of the crab apples. The lilacs are just emerging. Tulips add a flash of red. The fields are fresh-plowed. Bees are humming. Birds are nesting. And I in my bonnet am thinking about settling down for a long spring nap in the porch swing!

6 comments:

Carrie D. Photography said...

Does your son enjoying knowing when he got conceived? My kids (ages 27, 25, and 22) still believe hubby and I are just very good friends. Ha! Loved your list and have posted my own. Thanks for the tag. PS, my daughter Carrie has changed the settings on my blogger thingie. This is Katy McKenna commenting!

Katy www.fallible.com

Eileen Key said...

8 random facts, huh? I'll have to work on that. And what an Algebra feat. I owe my success to Chip Holiman! Memories...

Angie A. said...

Ok, I've posted mine, too. It was a great little exercise.

Thanks for thinking of me and I can't wait to see you in September!

Dawn Kinzer said...

I enjoyed reading your list.
Very interesting! And fun. :)

I just finished posting mine.

Linda Fulkerson said...

I’ve never seen Mohammad Ali on an airplane or anywhere else, for that matter. But, somewhere around age three, I did do a victory stance on the coffee table, waving my hands above my head and shouting, “I’m the Greatest!” Does that count?

Margo Carmichael said...

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride--I loved that ride when we lived in Orlando. I'll never think of it the same way again! Too funny!