Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Reading Corner

Cathy Elliott and Christy Barritt added to my reservoir of joy in recent weeks with their debut novels.

A VASE OF MISTAKEN IDENTITY
Cathy Elliott
Kregel Publishers

Readers of mysteries fall into two categories--those who draw pleasure from prematurely figuring out whodunit and those who enjoy the body-soaking splash of surprise at the end of the ride. Cathy's twists ensure that both camps are satisfied.


HAZARDOUS DUTY
Christy Barritt
Kregel

Christy's dance-like writing style makes reading romantic suspense seem like listening to light jazz. "Hazardous Duty" incorporates fresh subject matter, a delightfully sassy heroine, and layer after layer of complications that kept me engaged to the last word.


Hey, thanks Kregel for seeing something special in these authors and partnering with them to publish their work!

1 comments:

eileen said...

I have to get these in my TBR pile. (did I tell you I love the new blog look?)