Thursday, January 04, 2007

Ode to an Office Chair


O sweet soft leather,

I’m glad someone tanned your hide

And worked it until your surface,

Where it touches my surface,

Is more like gloves than chair.

O enveloping leather,

We spend so much time together.

I want you to know that whether

I’m writing or my tether

Is linked to on-line weather

You’re my favorite ever.

O smooth, comforting leather,

I never will abuse you,

I’ll watch the way I use you,

And never take for granted

That you’re way better than that old ratty thing with absolutely no back support.

3 comments:

eileen said...

I need to USE my office chair instead of this laptop and sofa. Methinks my fanny would be grateful.

Wonderful to be able to laud a piece of furniture. True poetic talent, in my unbiased opinion!

Kristy Dykes said...

Yes, Eileen, C. has true talent! Beautiful verse.

Kaye Dacus said...

Oh, how I wish I could share your sentiments. The only thing I miss about my old job is the wonderfully expensive, adjusts-twenty-places ergonomic chair I had there which was completely molded to my shape. So, just like the search for the perfect, stylish, comfortable black shoes continues, thus will the search for a chair for which I can sing praises like you have!